Visits from family and loved ones are important and help promote healing for both patients and their families. That is why the Grady Burn Center offers open visitation for family and friends. Visitors can stay on the unit at all times and relax in the spacious Patient and Family Lounge while patients receive their care. Because treatment of a burn patient can be complex, special visitation guidelines may be specified by caregivers to assist in providing our patients with the best possible care.
Visitation policy for the Grady Burn Center ICU and Stepdown units:
- No visitors age 12 and under are allowed
- All visitors must remain in patient’s room while visiting patient
- No visitors are allowed during dressing changes for patients age 18 and older
- No visitors are allowed during procedures
- No visitors are allowed during unit emergencies
- No co-sleeping in bed with patient
- Only two visitors are allowed on unit from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Only one visitor is allowed on unit from 6 p.m. – 11 a.m.
Due to privacy issues, visitors and family members will be directed to the Burn Center family lounge during shift change (6 a.m. – 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
Visitation exceptions and/or exclusions may apply. These policies are subject to change. Please contact the nurse with questions and requests. Specific policies are located in the patient welcome packet.
Visitor resources and amenities include:
- Burn suites
- Special lodging rates at select hotels
- Support groups
- Burn survivors’ camp for burn-injured children (visit www.gfbf.org for more information)